Greenhouse producers of all sizes will benefit from the high thermal efficiency of a condensing boiler while maximizing growing space. Condensing boilers increase heating efficiency by reducing energy costs and saving growing space in the process.
- 99% thermal efficiency compared to 80% of firebox boiler
- Fully modulating 5:1 turndown with the ability to fire as low as 20% up to 100% maximum output to perfectly meet the heating load
- Variable speed boiler pump for perfect control and efficiency
- Small lightweight design
- Easy to use with a colour touch display
- No need to protect against boiler shock, means a simplified hydronic loop (cost savings)
- Available up to 350 BHP (multiple units can be staged together to increase BHP output)
Investing up front in a condensing boiler will result in more long-term savings. While condensing boilers typically cost up to 50% more than conventional options, the payback from 99% thermal efficiency and lower fuel use is expected to provide a rapid return on investment in less than five years.
Growers adopting high-efficiency options like condensing boilers may be eligible for grants or loans through the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) and the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).
Operating costs for medium and large size heating systems are often not given due consideration. By modernizing the heating boilers, energy consumption and environmental impact can be reduced considerably.